• We require a minimum notice period of 2 weeks for booking in new dogs. This is to allow our procedures of meetings and familiarisation sessions to be carried out.
CRITERIA FOR BOARDING
Our boarding services are for dogs aged 6 months and over who have had puppy or similar training, lead walk training and they must be toilet trained. Puppies under 1 year old must be crate trained.
• Bitches in season will not be allowed to use any of our services. If a dog comes into season whilst boarding, then you will need to have made provision for this by organising for another person/family member to collect them. Refunds will not be given as you will be aware of your dogs’ season before you book boarding.
• We prefer that dogs are to be neutered or spayed to reduce the tension between the group. In our experience, if they are in a boarding environment and around other dogs, their senses are heightened and so are their hormones. This can lead to a frustrated dog who cannot relax and/or other dogs taking an unfriendly approach to them. We cannot take dogs or bitches until at least six weeks after neutering/being spayed as their hormones will still be unbalanced making them an attraction for other dogs. Only 1 un-neutered male will be boarded at a time due to tension issues.
• We operate at our home so all dogs must be house trained. i.e. toilet trained. If your dog urinates or defecates inside our property then they will not be allowed to return to our home until this behaviour is sorted out. If our carpets are soiled then we will invoice you for the cleaning.
• Your dog will be assessed on their first familiarisation session and any behaviour issues will be discussed including advice & working together on a resolution.
• We are unable to accept dogs with aggression problems towards other dogs or people and subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
• If your dog shows behaviour such as aggression or continual dominance, time out and fair discipline will occur. Upon collection, the behaviour will be discussed and we expect you to work with us so that the behaviour can be worked on. If the matter does not get resolved within a reasonable time period, then unfortunately we will be unable to guarantee their inclusion in our facility. Although, if we feel the behaviour is severe and not fitting for our service, then we will need to terminate their time here.
• If your dog is destructive and causes damage to our home, then we will discuss their suitability for a home from home service and you will be charged for the repair or replacement.
VACCINATIONS AND HEALTH
• Your dog must be fully vaccinated (including Kennel Cough) in accordance with current vet procedures and certificates must be produced on an annual basis. If your dog develops Kennel Cough we cannot accept them into our home as it is highly contagious.
• Your dog must be on a vet-administered or prescribed worming & flea prevention programme as this is the most effective method of prevention and treatment. If your dog is found to have fleas whilst at day care, you will need to collect them and treat your dog before returning. If your dog is boarding with us, then we will treat accordingly and you must reimburse the costs involved upon collection. This cost will include us needing to treat our house and all the dogs we have at the time.
• Dogs showing signs of illness i.e. sickness of diarrhoea cannot attend day care until they have been free of the illness for at least 24 hours. If they have illness whilst boarding then you will be contacted, your dog will be isolated and any vet action will be discussed.
• You authorise us to make sensible decisions concerning the health and wellbeing of your dog in cases of emergency. For medical issues, the decisions, advice and treatment will be carried out by a qualified vet (usually your own vet). Any vet bills which are incurred, should your dog become ill or suffer an injury, will be payable by you upon collection of your dog, under all circumstances.
• In the case of a rare emergency that would cause our home or facilities to be rendered off limits, we will arrange for your dog to be taken to a carer until it is resolved. You will be notified immediately. The dog carer we will take them to our own boarders or experienced dog boarder, Paula Everett.
• Your dog will wear a quick release collar with a Dishys K9 Care ID tag at all times.
• Your dog will be walked using one of our leads so that we are able to keep better control of them whilst outside.
• It is our policy to exercise all dogs on a lead, through experience we have found this to be in the best interests of the dog. However, if you would prefer your dog exercised off lead you will be required to sign the relevant section of the consent form, under which you accept responsibility for third party liability and agree that your dog is insured (including third party liability cover). In the event of your dog not being insured at the start of the board we reserve the right to exercise your dog on a lead, unless we discuss options with you.
• Although used infrequently, we may be required to use a crate if we feel it necessary. This may be if your dog requires a time out or if they become ill or need some rest away from the other dogs. It may be that a room with a stairgate will be more suitable. You have a chance to consent to this on our customer form.
• Puppies under 1 year old must be crate trained.
• A £25 deposit per dog will be required after the successful assessment via PayPal, bank transfer or cash within a few days. This deposit will be deducted from your total payment. The deposit is non-refundable. The outstanding balance must be paid a month before your dogs stay with us. An invoice will be sent to you stating dates of deposit and balance along with bank details.
• If for any reason you cannot collect your dog within the 24-hour period on the last day, then day care rates will commence.
For example: If you drop off your dog on the first day of the week at 10am and collect your dog on the last day of the week at 3pm, then the total cost will be £25 per night plus £10 half day care.
• Cancellations within one month of your booking start date will incur a 25% fee of the total stay. Cancellations within two weeks of your booking start date will incur a 50% fee of the total stay. Cancellations within one week will incur a 100% fee of the total stay.
• You agree that if you have not returned to collect your dog(s) after 1 week of your agreed return date and every attempt has been made to contact you and your emergency contact number without success, then your dog(s) will be put up for re-homing with a local charity such as Blue Cross. We will then invoice you for the extra boarding and costs to our business including food and the loss of a boarding space.
Aggressive or Dangerous Dogs
Health and Safety
Other Residents and visitors
Cleanliness and care upon return
Concerns, Complaints or issues